Thursday, November 10, 2011

Procrastination time!

I have been thinking, and I want to start taking pictures of my life. Just random pictures in the day of where I was and what things look like from my point of view. I would just love looking back on these pictures when I am eighty years old and I will think of this moment as well. : )

And, I am procrastinating on my homework. I have three quizzes to study for, and an essay due tomorrow (which thankfully I have completed.) But, I still need to study.

My essay is on a futuristic society which uses genetic engineering to make every human "perfect." I think that using genetic engineering instead of how you are supposed to be born in horrible. The essay (in biology) was based on the 1997 movie Gattaca. It is actually a very interesting movie, which I enjoyed. But, it also frightened me to see what the future could possibly be like. And how the society could change from genetic engineering. Genetic engineering is basically borrowing DNA ladders from other peoples' DNA to "create" a "masterpiece of perfection." For example, if you want your child to look a certain way, have amazing eyesight, etc. I think that this should be illegal, since every human is supposed to look and become a different individual. I will post some of what I wrote on my essay in a later post to show you what I am talking about. I find it pretty interesting.

Well I am off to study for my French quiz!

Ciao!
xoxo Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment