Wednesday, January 18, 2012

the skills of life

Wooaaaahhhhh. long time no talk.! Well, this has to change. Finally, finally! I am back in my sanctuary, the place where I write about anything and everything. So, mermaids, daises, glitters, how are you this very day? My mood instantly changed when I started writing this blog post, and now I am extremely happy. I feel like jumping off the walls and strumming a guitar I don't know how to play and changing my name to Cat. Just kidding (at least the last part of my speech was) But, dude, seriously, I want my name to be Cat, with a captial "C," actually, no, a lowercase "c" because I am a REBELLE, (yes, that is how I spell rebel.) Anyway, I have the urge to paint my bedroom walls light blue which I have been planning desperately for a year. And buying hair dye and dying strands of my hair pink and purple, because, yes, I am obsessed with that color combo again, just as I was nine years ago, when I was a little tator tot. Wait, I still am, "why?" may you ask? Because, I am barely 5 feet. But, its okay, that's why there is such things called Doc Martens and Creepers.

In my Life Skills class today, (yes, I switched into Life Skills, why?, to give myself a break in first period, and there was nothing better to do.) Okay, back to the story, I was sitting in Life Skills, and we were handed a worksheet with regular Health/Life Skills questions like "What do your friends and family think of you?" or "Describe yourself." Now, usually I would roll my eyes at these questions along with my other fellow classmates, but, this time I actually thought about each question, and it made me think "I don't give a **** (Insert whatever word you would like into the stars--no I don't know what this is called *, I just blanked) now continuing--I thought, "I don't give a **** what people think of me." Yes, that's right, I don't care. I will wear whatever I want to wear and laugh at whatever I want to laugh at, and dance to whatever I want to dance to, because I am my own person. And, I know what your thinking, "OMG, LIFE SKILLS CLASS GOT TO THIS CHILD, SHE'S GOING CRAZY! THEY HAVE HYPNOTIZED HER." uhhh.....no. Sorry, but that is not what happened. What happened is that I boosted my confidence today. And Rookie Mag helped with that.  Now, that I am done with my "speech"...

Another story that has to do with Life Skills class is that on our Warm Up today, there was a chart that we had to copy down from the board. It said, "Expectations" --From your family, yourself, and expectations for college. Under the "Expectations For Yourself" box, I wrote "work at Rookie Mag." Yes, that is a goal and expectation that I would like to succeed in. That is my biggest goal or dream or whatever you want to call it. I mean, come on, Tavi is the one that inspired me to:
1. Make a blog.
2. Be myself.
3. Be confident.
4. Not care what others think about you.
...

And, as I said, Life Skills class, my mom, and other people helped me with those ^^^ but Tavi was definitely one of them.

~~~~

Anyway, I would like to officially announce that I am getting Cheetah Creepers off of Amazon.com this Sunday. Oh, yes. And, that is all thanks to gift cards from Hanukkah. I also have a sudden urge to go thrift shopping, and get vintage dresses and sweaters. I will save up first though, haha. I am on a high school-teenager-not old enough to have a job-budget. :)

Well, have an amazing night. Honestly. And wear the craziest, coolest outfit you can think of to school, or wherever your going tomorrow or today (if you live on the other side of the world), because I sure am.

Love,
Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment