Thursday, December 1, 2011

Flower Power.

Lately, I have been crazing over boarding doodles of flowers on every paper that is placed into my hands. The reason for this? Drawing flowers make me happy. Flowers have to do with sun and the outdoors, and sunny days make me happy. If I could border my blog with flowers, then I would do it, unfortunately, I don't know how to...

I even wore a shirt covered in cartoon daises yesterday because it made me happy. And, everyone knows that floral patterns never go out of style. They never have and they never will. Whoever thought of putting the pattern of flowers on apparel was a genius. Wow, I should really take a textiles class. Unfortunately, they don't have the textiles class in my period of the design program, which makes me extremely sad.

I remember the days in elementary school when every girl made flower necklaces out of the little white flowers that grew within the grass. I thought it was weird, but now I want to make 1000000 of them. And wear them as crowns, stick them in my hair, and wear them as necklaces. Not all at once though...that may be a little over done. But isn't society over done anyway?

These pictures give me inspiration while I go through my 'Flower Power' stage as a teenager. I wonder what the next stage will be...






pics all from tumblr.


Oh, and I want a backpack like this for school next year.


But one that will hold my books and not rip.

For my Beginners Clothing class in school, the final is finding something in your closet and decorating it or making it into something else. I think I will take my mom's old vintage denim vest which she gave me, and paint a green stripe running vertically on the back and paint it. My mom used to do this to her clothes and it looked so cool. I might also add pictures of cats to the vest, from my fabric which I used for pajamas in the sewing club I am in. 

It seems like a lot of work, but I hope it will be fun.

Besides, I am getting more and more stressed from school. Finals are coming up, and I am buried in homework every night. I hope this will end during winter break. I need a break where I can just sit back, relax, and not worry about a thing. I want to sit by the fire place over winter break and put fuzzy socks on, and read The Book Thief and Breaking Dawn. I have been wanting to read those so bad. In fact, I want to read any book that I don't have to f***ing annotate.

Sorry, I had to rant about something, or else I would have exploded. Okay, I better go do some homework and draw flowers on my papers.

xoxo Chandler



No comments:

Post a Comment