Thursday, July 26, 2012

Strange Magic

I cannot even explain the rush and excitement I got when the Space 15 Twenty employees told everyone anxiously waiting outside of the UO-changed into-a 90s girl's teenage bedroom, that it was time to come inside. It was the Opening Party of "Strange Magic" created by Tavi Gevinson of Style Rookie and Rookiemag; Petra Collins of The Ardorous; and Urban Outfitters. Strange Magic is one week filled with events about the life of a teenage girl and having fun.

When I walked into Strange Magic, my mood suddenly changed. I had never been happier in my life, and that is an understatement. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have never been happier. And when I say it was the best night of my life, I mean it too. The best dressed girls (and guys!) in LA were all in this one room. Everyone there was so sweet, happy, cool, and smiling. And I couldn't help but smile myself. It was a night filled with great people, happy tunes, and a lovely gallery created by Tavi and Petra.

The outfits I saw there inspired me so much! I wish everyone there shared one big closet filled with clothes, shoes, and accessories. That would be the most amazing closet in the world. No joke. And this was just the first night!

The gallery was even more than perfect. I couldn't believe my eyes! Everything was set up so perfectly, I couldn't help but take 1000 pictures. Also, the photography was amazing. I kind of want to live in that one room for the rest of my life, because it was just so happy and when looking at the whole set up, one couldn't help but smile. :) This night inspired me more than anything I could ever dream of. The night was a dream come true.

I met Tavi, and she is literally the sweetest person in the world. When I met her, it was like I had just met a new friend. She was so nice and cool! And towards the end of the night, I got to meet Petra. Again, she was so sweet and laidback and cool. And she is also like the sweetest person I have ever met. I also met a couple other people, all of whom are the coolest people ever.

Overall, that Saturday night was the best night of my life. And I can't wait for the old school dance this Saturday. I also went to the crown making event and made this rad crown. That day was also uhhhmazing!

Since I took about a million pictures, I thought I would share some on my blog. So, sit back and hyperventilate over the groovy pictures your eyes will now encounter.










































(left to right) Me (Chandler), Austin, Maxine, Leona, Tavi, Grace, Genessa, Petra
Crown I made at the crown making event.<3 :)

(I took a snapshot on instagram of the pic we took with Petra so I could email to my comp.) (left to right) Me, Petra, Maxine

This picture of my best friend Maxine and I was put on someones blog! I feel so honored even though it isnt even a big deal to a normal person.<3

(left to right) Maxine, me (Chandler), Tavi, Genessa

I want this floral vagina in my room.

Urban Outfitters took a picture of us and put it on their instagram. Dream come true.
And, for the finale, DEE BITCH FACE

xoxo Chandler




No comments:

Post a Comment