Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Aurora

Page 42 of the book I'm writing~~~


I looked down at the gravel our feet were stepping on at each step we took. I liked how everything fit together, perfectly. That was perfect. Things can be perfect in anyone’s eyes, I guess. And the rocks making up the gravel were part of life. But, I guess life itself can never be perfect, in my eyes, at least. And Skyler’s. Even Marie’s. But then I noticed when I scraped my shoes against the gravel, some of the rocks became loose. And flung out of place. It wasn’t perfect anymore. Hmm..
The gravel kind of reminded me of my life. Once upon a time I thought it was perfect. My dad didn’t abuse my mom, they were happy. But then, like the gravel, things flung out of place. Some of the rocks disappeared and some of them stayed. But all of them moved around at one point.
I imagined myself like this little gray rock I noticed that flung out of place when I stepped. I watched it as it flew about a foot away. I picked it up, Skyler looked at me. I looked at it and studied it. Just a second ago, it was in place, everything was good and happy. Then all of a sudden it fell apart, and away from it’s usual place in life. Out of no where. Like me. I placed it in my shoe to keep it. Maybe one day, I would come back and place it where it was meant to be, but for now, it had to figure itself out in a new situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment